The aim of the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship is to enable a female student from a developing country where access to tertiary education is limited to benefit from undertaking postgraduate study at the University of Durham. The scholarship has been set up as part of the celebration of 30 years of women students at Hatfield College, University of Durham, and is funded by alumni, friends of the College and other sources supportive of the scholarship’s aims. Further information about fundraising for this scholarship can be found here.
Hatfield College aims to award the Lioness Scholarship to an individual who has the academic and personal qualities to enable them to complete and benefit from a postgraduate course, and who will also act as a positive ambassador for their home country in Durham, and put their enhanced knowledge and skills gained from the master’s programme and experience in Durham to good use for the benefit of their society when they return home.
The scholarship will cover:
- Full payment of University tuition fees
- Stipend for living expenses – 4 quarterly payments
- One return economy air ticket from the home country to the UK, and the cost of return travel between the UK airport and Durham City
- Fully funded, self-catered, single room in mixed accommodation at Hatfield College
- ‘Settling in allowance’ on arrival
- Cost of UK visa and the UK Health surcharge
One academic year
- The Scholarship does not provide funding for dependants, nor for travel during the Scholarship
- Accommodation is for the Scholarship holder only; dependants cannot be accommodated
How to apply – Please ensure you submit both the applications required:
Stage 1: An academic application for your chosen master’s programme; within this application you should reference your intention to apply for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship. Once you have completed this application you can move onto stage 2. When you receive your academic offer letter from the University, please forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and Lioness Scholarship 2021 in the subject line.
Stage 2: An application for the Scholarship on this Application form. Please make sure to complete all sections. If you do not have all your documents now, please forward them to email@example.com before the deadline for your application to be considered.
31st March 2021
When candidates will hear the outcome of their application
Applications will be considered on: academic merit, personal qualities and the fit with the chosen degree programme to the candidate’s aims.
Click here for more info and application