The University of Padua offers scholarships to highly talented prospective students wishing to pursue a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree completely held in English in Padua. The scholarship programme is highly selective. Only candidates showing the highest achievements and school / academic records may receive a scholarship. Successful scholars will be expected to fulfil an ambassadorial role and represent the University at a number of events.
Amount of scholarship: fee-waiver + €8,000 scholarship (gross amount) per a.y. The only amount to be paid by beneficiary students for each year consists of an admission fee, corresponding to the regional tax and marca da bollo.
Duration: the Padua International Excellence Scholarship has a maximum duration of:
- 2 continuous years for Master’s degree candidates;
- 3 continuous years for Bachelor’s and Single-Cycle degree candidates.
After the duration indicated above, beneficiary students will be required to cover their own expenses as well as tuition fees until graduation.
How to apply: you can be considered for the selection procedure, under penalty of exclusion, if you meet the requirements below.
- Do not possess an Italian citizenship (except for dual citizenship including Italian);
- hold a non-Italian foreign secondary school diploma (for Bachelor’s or Single-cycle degrees applicants) or a non-Italian Bachelor’s degree (for Master’s degrees applicants) allowing admission to the Italian University system;
- do not reside in Italy;
- apply to one or more of the abovementioned degree programmes completely taught in English at the University of Padua. Please remember that you can apply up to 3 degree programmes.
If you meet these requirements, you will be automatically considered for the selection procedure. There is no separate application or additional specific documents to be submitted besides those required to apply for the selected degree programme.
Selection criteria: the Academic Commitee of each degree programme shortlists eligible applicants and awards the most deserving candidates the scholarships, based on academic excellence in their field of study, quality, and records from their prior learning.
Selection results: Scholarships are reserved for candidates applying for the first application period of each degree programme. The application period of the study tracks in Management Engineering and in Earth Dynamics is from 2 March to 2 June 2021 for non-EU citizens and from 2 March to 2 September 2021 for EU and EU-equated citizens. Only applications received by 2 June 2021 will be eligible for scholarship selection.
All selection results will be published at www.unipd.it/en/assessement-resultsaccording to the following timeline:
- from 10th March 2021 – in the case of open access degree programmes (application period: 2nd November 2020 – 2nd February 2021);
- from 8th April 2021 – in the case of limited access degree programmes (application period: 7th January – 7th March 2021);
- from 7th July 2021 in the case of the study tracks in Management Engineering and in Earth Dynamics (application period: 2 March 2021 – 2 June 2021);
- following publication of IMAT test results in the case of the Single-cycle degree in Medicine and Surgery.
Acceptance: if you are offered a Padua International Excellence scholarship you will receive a Padua International Excellence scholarship offer indicating the procedure and the deadline to accept it. To receive the scholarship, you must not benefit from other grants and be able to comply with the conditions to finalise your enrolment at the University of Padua. You will receive the first instalment upon your arrival in Padua. The merit conditions required to maintain the scholarship are detailed in the Call for applications.
Payments arrangements and maintenance requirements: the scholarship will be paid in two (2) instalments of €4,000 (gross amount) each per academic year upon achievement of the merit requirements indicated in the Call for applications.
Revocation: the University of Padua will revoke your scholarship if:
- you do not obtain at least 20 ECTS by 30th November 2021
- you decide to transfer to another University or withdraw from your studies.
In the above cases, you shall refund the amount of the scholarship already received.
Detailed information on the Padua International Excellence Scholarships will be available in the Call for applications (to be published soon).